The My Big Day team has put together a list of our personal favorite ways to celebrate Valentine's Day. Feel free to borrow any of our ideas!
Being an event planner, I start planning for holidays MONTHS OUT. A few of my favorite things...
1) Purchase matching Valentine outfits and a sweet book for my twin nieces and ship on Feb 1st!
2) Buy Valentine's for the neighbor kids and kiddos in my son's class for him to give (this year is chocolate covered pretzels and sweet little cards)
3) I get a BIG HEART for my parents from the Loveland Rotary (I make it a scavenger hunt) Look for "In love with you since '72 D+N" over by Lake Loveland!
4) I get a couple cards for my husband - one to hide in his work bag so he finds a little surprise, and another 1 or 2 to give at other times. I also gift him a sweet treat of some sort.
5) My Big Day sends out Valentine's to many of our clients and partners. We create them, stamp them, and send them out through the Valentine Re-Mailing Program in early February!
6) I send out Valentine's to family members through the Valentine Re-Mailing Program, and often send a handful of the Official Loveland Valentine's Cards that you can buy around the city.
7) My husband and I either cook a nice dinner at home, or go out to a local restaurant. A few of our favorites: Slate Italian Eatery, Starlight Dessert Bar, Taste Local, Fresh Plate Eatery, Bann Thai, the Himalayan Bistro, or Hearth.
8) Planning the Valentine's Day Group Wedding of course!
My favorite way to spend Valentine’s Day is out on a trip discovering new places with my hubby! Sharing new experiences is a great way to bond!
As a parent of young children, getting time away to celebrate a holiday built on romance is difficult. I have found the best way is to include my two boys in the celebration. I usually prepare a candlelight dinner where the kids get to drink sparkling grape juice out of the "grown up" wine glasses, and we dine by candlelight. Sometimes we have super fancy chicken nuggets and mac and cheese - the main course is always chosen by the kiddos. Our schedules are always so busy so it's nice to have an evening to sit back with a special dinner together.
We love to celebrate Valentines each year by going to Estes Park and go snow shoeing. We then head back to Fort Collins and eat dinner at Bisetti's. Then we go for a long stroll in old Town.
Valentine's Day has never been a big holiday for us to celebrate but it always gives us a reason to do a date night. We like to find a spot that is not a normal place for us or for others so we look for a hole in the wall place that is unique and cozy. This way we stay away from the crowds and we can have some quality time together. Celebrating each other and our love is something we try to do as often as we can. We love to stay connected and continue to build our relationship as we grow old together. We try to strengthen our marriage by remembering this scripture:
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
4Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Plan in advance... I love to make reservations at the Loveland Chophouse (4th Street) and get a nice steak dinner and fancy wine!
My favorite way is to make a movie fort at home and watch old classics. We fill the fort with snacks and chocolates and roses. Add some cocoa and my loving partner.
If you are looking for an EXTRA unique way to celebrate your love, join us for the Valentine's Day Group Wedding and Vow Renewal Ceremony. We create an entire ceremony around our guests! It is truly a memorable experience! LEARN MORE